Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Three Days To Go....

Wildfires in Southern California (where I’ll be this Saturday). Snow in Denver already. What other obstacles will I face as I traipse around the country? Looks like Mother Nature may not be a hockey fan!

Thanks to all of you who have sent e-mails wishing me well. This real job of mine keeps getting in the way (as I try to do four weeks of work before I leave) and I haven’t had time to respond to some of you yet, but I will. When I hit the road, I won’t have any distractions and this trip will become my full time job for a month.

I’ve been in touch with some of the teams and the PR guys are taking care of me with game tickets, etc. in a few cities, which I appreciate. On 30GamesIn30Nights.com, there will be a page dedicated to each game with both hockey and travel info. The first three are up already - Sharks at Red Wings, Oilers at Kings and Oilers at Ducks, with the rest to follow.

I am only bringing one bag with me, a carry on bag, as I can’t take the chance of waiting for an hour for my suitcase to come through baggage claim, or even worse, losing it. So my task for tonight is to figure out what clothes I can squeeze into my carry on, and still be able to keep warm in Edmonton in November!

Someone asked me if I’ll be tasting a different beer in each arena? 30 Beers In 30 Nights, I like that idea!

1 comment:

Queen TV said...

This is absolutely the coolest idea I have ever heard. I'm looking forward to keeping up with your adventure. I love visiting all the different stadiums and arenas as well but I've only gotten to 2 arenas and 4 nfl stadiums but I'll get there!

I hope you enjoy the Avalanche game. They are my home team and I'll be there on Sunday!