Monday, October 22, 2007

30 Games. 30 Nights. 30,000 Miles

Six years ago, I flew 11,000 miles from Japan to California just to watch a NHL hockey game, I had a great time, and an idea….Wouldn’t it be a thrill to visit every NHL arena in a single season?

But why stop there? My concept is simple….I’m going to watch a hockey game in all 30 National Hockey League arenas….in 30 consecutive nights!

Something that’s never been done before….30 hockey games in 30 nights in 30 different cities this fall….it’s the ultimate hockey road trip! I’ll be sharing the ups and downs of my 30 Games In 30 Nights adventure on this site. Take a look around the site and you’ll find my complete schedule, the complexities of my travel plans and much more. Once the ultimate road trip begins, I’ll be updating this page daily with my stories from the games, and how I traveled to each city, blog-style.

I’m on a tight budget. Although I’ll need to fly to most cities, I have searched for bargain airfares and am using a bunch of my frequent flyer miles to keep costs down. In some cities, I’ll stay with friends or family, and in others I’ll be finding cheap hotels on Hotwire or using up my Hilton points. As far as game tickets go, I’ll be looking out for good deals, so if you have any extra tickets, let me know!

As a hard-core hockey fan who loves to fly, I’m well prepared for the ultimate hockey road trip. I’ve flown almost a million miles in my lifetime, seen over 500 NHL games, and most importantly, have no problem falling asleep on airplanes!

For months, I’ve been planning the details of this 30 Games In 30 Nights trip. Poring through the NHL schedule for hours to find just the right combination of games, staying away from the frigid winter months when weather could disrupt travel, finding affordable flights that get me into each city by 2pm, coming up with backup travel plans if flights are cancelled, and so on.

So now I’m ready to roll, mentally and physically, for the Ultimate Hockey Road Trip. I can’t wait for October 26th as 30 Games In 30 Nights begins in Detroit!

Steve Williamson
Orlando, Florida
Steve@30GamesIn30Nights.com

No comments: